This section is a quick reference for all unlockables found in Extra New Game. If you want to see the different endings and how to unlock those, view the Endings page.
Both games have the option to add more bullets to the game. After beating the game once, go to the Options Menu and press R1/RB. You’ll find the extra Options, which include a Bullet Modifier. You can go up to x3 on SH2 and x2 on SH3.
The Chainsaw is unlocked after beating the game once and starting a New Game.
Found it in a stack of logs towards the beginning of the game.
The Hyper Spray will be unlocked after you have met one of the following conditions:
- Beat the game once on Hard Difficulty.
- Beat the game twice, at least once on Normal Difficulty
- Beat the game three times on any Difficulty.
Found in the motor home on Saul street
The Blue Gem is unlocked after completing the main scenario and sub scenario.
Found near one of the stalls in the bathroom you start in.
The Dog Key is unlocked after unlocking the Leave, In Water, and Maria endings; or if you have unlocked the Rebirth ending.
Found in a dog house West of Jack’s Inn.
After beating the game once and starting a new game, you’ll unlock four items that are used to resurrect people.
- Book of Crimson Ceremony (2nd Floor Reading Room, Lakeview Hotel – Otherworld)
- Book of Lost Memories (Texxon Gas Station)
- Obsidian Goblet (Silent Hill Historical Society)
- White Chrism (Blue Creek Apartments #105)
Extra Hard Riddle Difficulty
Beat Silent Hill 2 on Easy, Normal, and Hard Riddle Difficulty. The next time you choose Hard, it will actually be Extra Hard.
Read Wall Writings
Once you get all five endings, go through the game again and you’ll be able to read all the writing on signs that was previously obscured.