Spin those PokeStops, hatch some Pokemon Eggs, learn all the special evolutions, and collect all the candies and stardust you can while defending Gyms and defeating Raid bosses with this Pokemon GO Guide. Updated: 2/1/2020
Pokemon GO is the most popular mobile entry into the Pokemon franchise. Developed by Niantic, Pokemon GO doesn’t follow many of the same rules or mechanics as the main Pokemon series. For that reason, I created this Pokemon GO guide to help myself and others understand the basics and pick up a few tips and tricks. Use the table of contents below to jump to a different section of the Pokemon GO guide.
A few additions by SimplySoria.
- Getting Started – Choose a Team and Starter Pokemon
- Catching, Storing, and Transferring Pokemon
- Weather and Boosted Types
- PokeStops and Lures
- Pokemon Eggs
- Pokemon – CP, Levels, Attacks
- Pokemon Candy and Stardust
- Pokemon Evolution
- Pokemon Trainers – XP, Levels, Medals
- Field Research
- Friends – Gifts, Trading, Battling, Lucky!
- Pokemon Gyms
- Raid Bosses and Battles
- Gold Coins and the Shop
- Team GO Rocket, Shadow and Purified Pokemon
- Shiny Pokemon
- Buddy Pokemon
- Training with Team Leaders
- GO Battle League