Here is a complete guide to Halo Reach, including a Campaign walkthrough, info on Firefight Mode, and info on Multiplayer.
This Guide was written long ago. Please excuse the formatting and any grammatical errors.
I want to give partial credit to Bungie, the developer of Halo, for giving info out on their website! I was able to search people’s gamertags to find commendation info. They also gave descriptions on some playlists and the info on the ranks.
Halo Reach is a first person shooter which was released on September 14, 2010. It was developed by Bungie and published by Microsoft Game Studios. The game was released on the Xbox 360 only and supports single player, co-op, and multiplayer modes on and offline. It has been rated ESRB:M, OFLC:MA15+, and PEGI:16+.
Table of Contents
- The Armory
- Weapons and Abilities
- Achievements and Awards
Based on default settings the controls are like so:
LS – Move / Click to Crouch
RS – Look / Click to Zoom View
Left on D-Pad – Night Vision (Campaign)
LB – Abilities (Armor Abilities or Vehicle Abilities)
LT – Grenades
RB – Melee
RT – Fire Weapon
Y – Swap Grenades
B – Switch Grenades
A – Jump
X – Reload / Enter or Exit Vehicles / Hold to Pick Up Weapons
Start – Game Menu
Back – Multiplayer Score
Halo Waypoint is a Xbox 360 add on you can download for free in the xbox 360 game marketplace. Waypoint gives you news on all Halo related media. It also scans all your Halo achievements and rewards you with avatar items or special armor you couldn’t unlock anywhere else. Some armor pieces in Halo Reach can only be unlocked through Halo Waypoint with achievements from Halo Reach and past Halo games along with cR.
Differences in Halo Reach
There are a few differences in Halo Reach from the past Halo games, or atleast Halo 3. Halo Reach plays out a bit more like Halo 1 or Halo 2.
- You can no longer dual wield weapons.
- You can no longer jump as high as you could in Halo 3.
- You have health again along with your shields like Halo 1.
- Pick up Health packs to restore your health.
- There is a new assassination animation for when you come up behind an enemy. Hold the melee button to perform.
- There are a few weapon changes such as the spartan laser firing 4 shots instead of 5.
- There is a new cR (credit) system where you earn credits by using anything in Halo Reach. This includes campaign, firefight, multiplayer, theater, and forge.
- There is no longer a tru skill system to rank up. You rank up using cR. You cannot de rank.
- There is only one tru skill playlist, which is Arena.
- There is no more social matchmaking.