Korok Seeds are key item rewards for finding hidden creatures known as Koroks. To get a Korok Seed, all you need to do is solve a small environmental puzzle around Hyrule. Do you see a circle of rocks with one missing? Maybe there’s a glittering trail in the tall grass, a pot in an obscure location, a pinwheel overlooking the edge of a cliff, or three identical trees standing next to each other. Investigate anything strange throughout Hyrule to discover a hidden Korok and receive a Korok Seed as a reward!
The most common Korok puzzles and solutions are listed below.
- Break hanging pots to find Koroks hiding inside.
- Stand next to pinwheels and shoot flying pots or balloons that appear.
- Fine a circle of stones with one rock missing. Grab a nearby rock and set it in the empty space.
- Freeze boulders with Stasis, attack them to send them flying, and push them into a nearby giant hole.
- Metal rocks attached to chains can be moved with Magnesis and placed in a nearby hole.
- When there are three identical trees in a row, investigate the fruit growing on them. One of the trees should have more fruit than the other two. Use a bow and arrow to shoot the extra fruit to match the other two trees. The fruit must be on the exact same limbs.
There are a total of 900 Korok Seeds in The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Collect all 900 Korok Seeds and speak to Hestu to receive a special hat. Of course, the hat isn’t the only thing Korok Seeds are used for. Korok Seeds are also used to upgrade your inventory.
Hestu and Inventory Upgrades
Hestu is a strange character in The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. The first time you meet, Hestu will ask you to find his maracas in the quest “The Priceless Maracas.” These are located in a treasure chest at a nearby monster camp, just a few steps to the north of Hestu.
After Hestu receives his maracas, he will offer Link a special service: bring Hestu some Korok Seeds and he will upgrade your inventory slots. Link begins with 8 weapon slots, which can be upgraded a max of 11 times; 5 bow slots, which can be upgraded a max of 8 times; and 4 shield slots, which can be upgraded a max of 16 times. The numbers in the table below list how many Korok Seeds are needed for each inventory slot upgrade.
Unfortunately, Hestu will not stay in the same spot to perform all these upgrades. After upgrading your inventory a few times, he will move to a different location but stay within the general vicinity of West Necluda. The exact locations are listed below.